• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing Two Boars

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyce

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey there,
I have two lovely and healthy male guinea pigs named Jack and Milo. Jack is about 10 months old and Milo is about 1 year and 3 months old. We've had them both for a little over 3 months and I'm wanting to introduce the boys so they can live together! This is my first time owning boars, as I've owned quite a few sows in my lifetime. I've read quite a few threads on introducing guinea pigs to one another but I still don't feel very confident in what I'm doing. If someone can really explain to me the step by step process of introducing them i would much appreciate it. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get along and achieve dominant/submissive positions and how long I should wait before putting them in a cage together. Milo is a very relaxed but super friendly guinea pig. Jack on the other hand has got a crazy amount of energy and is super hyper. I'm afraid Milo might dislike that aspect of jack and they won't end up getting along?
Any tips would help, really.

Thanks
Elyce

Hello there I can't help but will be keeping an eye on your thread as I've read posts but still don't quite get it either. I know someone will be able to help soon. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back