• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalur

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Felix

My OH bought Felix home yesterday, as an early christmas surprise for me and Nacho. I had been discussing getting a baby for Nacho for a while, although obviously i meant from a rescue. my OH went to p@h said he watched him for ages and felt he couldn't leave him.

Felix has been bullied and has an inflamed, bright red and hot ear and has been in a scrap or two, he has a big wound on his ear which has now started to scab over, he also has a scab on his neck, obviously from a bite, and a lump on his lip.
As soon as we got him in to his cage, he went straight for the nuggets and munched them all up and then dived straight into the hay, it was lovely to watch, but i assume the others hadn't been letting him eat?!?

He has been to a vet today (which p@h are paying for obviously) and he gave me some fuciderm cream to use on his ear twice a day for 10 days, as he said it was infected, and poor Felix jumps a mile when you touch it. He also said the lump on his lip is cheilitis, which he thinks is from the pox virus which lays dormant in some pigs, and can flare up in cases of high stress, which Felix has, with the bullying. (although i'd assume actual tests would be needed to confirm this?) I was advised to keep an eye and if it gets any worse, to get some zovirax on it.

Hopefully, now he is out of his stressful situation, he will improve. He has already in just one day, he's been eating like its going to run out!

Here he is then, Felix, 8/9 wheeks old.
you can just about see how red his ear is in the first pic
stuff009.jpg

stuff010.jpg

stuff012.jpg

What a fabulously thoughtful husband!

He is stunning, what an unusual set of markings he has!

He's lovely. Poor little guy, all the other piggies were just jealous :(

Awww congratualtions - to you and to Uncle Nacho!
What beautiful colourings Felix has, I love the name too x)

Is he slowing down with the eating yet? Poor little piggie - how lucky he is to be welcomed into such a loving home :)

thanks, i cant wait to introduce him to Nacho! He'll have to wait a while though to make sure he's totally healthy.

Felix means lucky and happy, i thought it was quite fitting.

He has slowed down with his eating, he knows its not going anywhere now! :))

He is beautiful, I love the colouring. Sounds like your husband did rescue him so we can let him off this time :)) What a lovely surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back