Is 6x3 C&C practical?

Hath

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Been playing around to see what I can fit into the spare room. Is 6x3 practical? Seems quite deep. Is cleaning harder (fleece liners) ?
I've built rough outline to give me an idea of the size and it looks quite deep, but I guess once you put stuff in it looks smaller. Any practical advice before I build it and then regret it? :doh:
Looked online and most had 6x2, so guessing there's reason why they're staying away from 6x3!

Jamjarpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It might be a bit harder to sweep, but if its on the ground you can step in to sweep (if they're not inside), if not then you could take the front grids off to be able to reach in further

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
If it’s at a reasonable level I’m sure you could clean it easily. I have a stacked c&c and have to use stools to reach the far corner when cleaning sometimes. Then again it’s higher than my waist 🤷🏾‍♀️

x2 is generally the ‘popular’ width, but that doesn’t stop you buying the grids and making your own shape. That’s why it’s so versatile.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
The reason that two grids wide is common is that its as far as you can easily reach to clean. Any wider than that and you would be pretty much having to get in to reach across to clean. That’s only a problem if you think it is though!

Hath

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It'll be raised off the floor. Will try and see what it's like before I sew the liners. Just shame not to give them the space if I can. Thanks for the advice!