Is Fresh Grass Part Of Veggie Allowance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florrieberry

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, (indoor) piggies have been getting a handful of fresh grass each morning this week at breakfast time. Does this count as their fresh veggie allowance or as hay? They always have loads of hay and get half their fresh veggie's am and pm. I cut down their morning veggies while I introduced fresh grass, but not sure if I should now add in the usual amount of Veg? (no lose stools evident) thank you.

Rich fresh spring and autumn grass will count more towards your veg allowance while drier summer grass is counting more towards hay. ;)
I would recommend to go more lightly on veg after a day on a spring grass lawn in order to prevent soft poos, especially with watery veg like cucumber and similar.

Rich fresh spring and autumn grass will count more towards your veg allowance while drier summer grass is counting more towards hay. ;)
I would recommend to go more lightly on veg after a day on a spring grass lawn in order to prevent soft poos, especially with watery veg like cucumber and similar.
Thank you. They won't be able to go out, so I'm just giving them some for breakfast and veggies at night, so will continue with that until summer time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back