• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

is it always better to have them in pairs or groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
after my pigs had a big piggy falling out i now have poke and little jack together as they both get picked on. and i'v put fluffy bottom with bear as bear dosn't like anyone else. and i have teddy on her own as she teeth chats at everyone. she dosn't seem sad on her own and she is due to give birth next week. should i keep her on her own for now and try and pair her up at some point or should i leave her as she is as she seems happy enough. shes always been with bear as far i no and their sisters but seem to hate each other now. i feel sorry for her on her own. she can see the other pigs and hear them so she still has company in that sense. mallethead

As she's due next week I'd leave her on her own - she sounds hormonal with all the chattering.

You may be able to pair her up with one of her daughters (assuming that she has girls).

Being able to see / smell / talk to other pigs for now will be doing her the world of good.

I would say keep her on her own for now if shes getting distressed being with them, its probably because shes very pregnant and feeling awkward.
Keep an eye on her to make sure she's not getting lonely, but to be honest she's probably enjoying the peace and quiet :(|)

When the pups are born and more robust you could try one of the ones she previously got along with with her, and see how that goes, otherwise you could keep a pup that she likes ;)

All the best for the birth!

Keep her on her own; many heavily pregnant sows get very grumpy and prefer to be on their own anyway. Depending on what happens, you could always pair her up with one or two of her baby girls.

Best of luck for the birth!

thankyou everyone! think i needed resuring i wasn't being nasty putting her on her own. i'll keep this updated about the birth and things :)

When Honey was nearly there, I made a divider in the hutch so she could still see Whiskey and Noodles (my granny pigs who I bonded her with) but didn't have to put up with Whiskey wanting to play 'it'!

She was rather tetchy and basically lay down aaaaall the time. And drank a LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back