• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is it bloat?

Graceleah8394

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help give me some insight as to what is making George look bloated. Could this be bloat or something else?

He had been eating a lot more hay than usual and seems hungrier even though I’m feeding him correctly, he’s been passing it properly without any signs of constipation etc. I’ve noticed that he has gotten more moody lately and let’s me know more than usual to back off. His diet hasn’t changed at all, only his mood and stomach so I don’t know what this could be. Any help?

(His weight is shifted a little to his right on the first pic)

B0FDD9CE-ADA1-4405-A246-BE2E43820176.jpegAC30BFBE-7F07-4FAE-AD10-B5A55206EA88.jpeg

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I can’t tell you to be honest. It would be beat for you to take him to the vet for a check, telling them your concerns.

By the way guinea pigs can’t get constipation.

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
George is a handsome boy 😍
As you say, to me his tummy does look a bit odd. I would get him checked out by your vet, if only for peace of mind.
Has his weight changed significantly recently?
I'm not an expert though, hopefully one of the health experts will be along soon to advise more.