Is It Possible To Bond Two Pairs Of Boars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny57

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a pair of boars and I was wondering what the chances are of bonding them with another pair of boars. Buddy and Herbie sleep. together in two joined 120 cages and play all day in their playpen.

My husband was in p@h today and saw two pairs of boars up for adoption, one pair had been in that horrible glass fronted enclosure since November. I would love to give another pair a home but am short on space so ideally they would live together, but if that were not an option would it be okay to stack a joined 100 and 80 on top of the other 2 cages. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Boars are best kept in pairs. Trios and quartets are particularly unstable and pretty much guaranteed to end up with fall-outs and separations. :(

Space-wise it would be better if each pair could have a 120 cage with one of the smaller ones. ;)

jenny57

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Boars are best kept in pairs. Trios and quartets are particularly unstable and pretty much guaranteed to end up with fall-outs and separations. :(

Space-wise it would be better if each pair could have a 120 cage with one of the smaller ones. ;)
Thank you for the info Wiebke.

Status
Not open for further replies.