• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
to have a pair of boars where neither piggie is dominant? I ask this because firstly I had two females and it was clear from day one that Fudge would be dominant over Cuddles this is fine and both piggies have always got on fine.

Cuddles was pregnant when we got her we didn't know until a few weeks later when it became evident...anyway some of you already know my piggies life story so I'll get to the point. Snowy and Peanut (boys) share a cage and they get on great, snuggle together etc however they are both still rumbing each other but neither one seems dominant over the other? Is this normal behaviour?

Yes it is :) Why my current two abbysinians who are brothers are neither dominant :)

Yes. In fact, of my three successful boar pairings, I could not really say that there was a 'Boss Pig' and 'under Pig' relationship for any pair.
My first pair, Sam and Snug, were brothers. Sam was the more outgoing and confident, but I would not say he bossed Snug at all.
With Sam and Roo, I think Sam was a bit more the 'Boss' at first, then when he got old, Roo took over.
And with Roo and Jez, they were both quite feisty, and they rumbled a bit, but by the time I paired them up, (after Sam and Tom died), they were about 4, so past the competetive stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back