• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is it too cold now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am in the south of the uk and was wondering is it too cold now to put the piggies out in thier run on the grass

what do you all do now?:))

Well it's around 22 degrees today, but the grass may still be damp from all that nasty rain...if it has dried up a bit then I would put them out, mine is still quite wet so I am hoping by Saturday with some sun on it it will be a bit dryer!

As long as it isn't for too long mind as it gets chilly faster than you realise, stupid winter.

As long as it isn't for too long mind as it gets chilly faster than you realise, stupid winter.

Amen to that.

I have left clothes out in the sun to dry today... still as wet as when they went out. I also made the mistake of kneeling on the grass to see whether it was dry enough for pigs - it wasn't. mallethead

Mine are indoors now but if the suns out I let them have an hour or so on the grass. They happily much away and as long as its not for too long they're fine.

Mine are indoors now but if the suns out I let them have an hour or so on the grass. They happily much away and as long as its not for too long they're fine.

I do the same. I tend to wait until late morning before putting them out (gives the grass a chance to dry) and then let them have an hour or so of munching before bringing them back indoors. Wet days I just go and cut some grass for them - I'm sure my neighbours think I am mad!:))

It's DEFINITELY too cold where I live...

Caviesgalore, my mum's neigbours have seen me drying grass with towels.. surely that must beat you :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back