• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is my cage the right size?

MaisieW

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I have wanted a guinea pig for a long time and I’ve been researching everything. I was if a 2x3 c&c cage would be big enough for two guinea pigs (sows)? After reading threads off here, I’ve seen that the requirements are usually 60x120. The 2x3 c&c cage is 112x77, would this be suitable? Thankyou for the help😌

Ideally you would want a cage that is at least 120cm long by 60cm wide for two sows or a 4 by 2 grid c&c cage
Thankyou so much! I did have a feeling I’d still need a 2x4 but I wasn’t sure as even though the length wasn’t as long, the width was wider, thankyou for replying!

Thankyou so much! I did have a feeling I’d still need a 2x4 but I wasn’t sure as even though the length wasn’t as long, the width was wider, thankyou for replying!
Sorry to be a pain, but would the 112x77 be okay if I also bought a loft for the cage or would that still be too small?

Sorry to be a pain, but would the 112x77 be okay if I also bought a loft for the cage or would that still be too small?

No it’s still too small. Loft areas don’t count towards the cage size. As ground roaming creatures guinea pigs need their space to be on one level. Two piggies need a 2x4 c&c which measures 150cm x 77cm.

No it’s still too small. Loft areas don’t count towards the cage size. As ground roaming creatures guinea pigs need their space to be on one level. Two piggies need a 2x4 c&c which measures 150cm x 77cm.
Okay, Thankyou so much for the help😌

Back