• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is My Ginuea Pig Upset I’m Seperating Him From Another Pig?

jerico

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well it’s me again, haha. This time I have a question that I need to figure out for my pig Pablo. I’m taking Pepper back today because of their failed bond and because of lack of space in my home.

However, I’m wondering if Pablo is possibly upset over Pepper leaving. I was trying to get Pepper from the cage he was in and when he wouldn’t stop moving around to allow me to grab him, Pablo hairs began to stand and he started making a warning sounds while moving from side to side.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but could Pablo be upset over him being alone again, or is it his survival instincts kicking in?

Update:
I took Pepper back and I cried like a baby. I’m definitely gonna need some time after this...

Please keep in mind that guinea pigs are social animals and they need a companion! The general rule is that if you can’t keep more than one, you shouldn’t keep any.

What is the cage size? Two boars should have at least 12 square feet.

@Pearl and Zip

Hi. I don't plan to keep my boar alone, in fact I have already asked to do boar dating for him. I also hadn't planned to take the junior pig back and desperately wanted to keep him. Unfortunately, I'm going through some really tight circumstances and I couldn't give either of them their own separate space.

I had placed both boars in a playpen with a diameter of 110.5 cm, it's the best I could do while in my situation. Thank you for recommending the site for cages.

Is there any way you can stretch their housing area to at least 120cm (2x4 c&c cage)? Boys can be trouble if they don’t have enough space, and it’s actually recommended you go up a size for boars (so 140cm). I hope it goes well second time round. Just bear in mind space. And boar dating will hopefully work better as he’ll pick a friend himself 😊

Back