• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is my guinea pig ok?

Piggiefordayssss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, my guinea pig Dandylion has had some unusual shaped faeces, they have been round, circle shaped and she looks slightly uncomfortable when she produces them. She has also done some normal shaped faeces but I am a bit worried that something is wrong. She has also been chucking her head back and forth when eating some foods. Thanks💗

Piggiefordayssss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In the meantime, keep an eye on her weight if she isn’t eating enough hay and her weight drops (other than the normal fluctuations), then step in with syringe feeding.
Ok, I will do. Thank you for all your advice. She was a bit below her average weight earlier but not much below. I will weight her again in an hour💗

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Ok, I will do. Thank you for all your advice. She was a bit below her average weight earlier but not much below. I will weight her again in an hour💗
You need to weight once a day at the same time each day as it means you’re roughly in the same place in the feeding cycle. If you weigh multiple times a day you will only confuse the situation