• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is my guinea pig sick?

Joscelyn

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig Cookie is eating very little and not moving very much. I noticed she didnt eat much of her veggies last night and today she is eating little bits but not much. I cant take her to the vet today because I have no ride. Can she make it until tomorrow morning?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score

Joscelyn

New Born Pup
Reaction score
If your piggy is not eating (and hay is the most important food source), then that can be a sign that they are feeling Poorly. You must step in and syringe feed your piggy. Has she lost any weight? Weigh her each day (at the same time each day) to ensure you are feeding her enough (if her weight drops, then she isn’t eating enough), and do get her to a vet.

Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
Complete Syringe Feeding Guide
Well now shes up and eating so I'm confused. Maybe she was just tired or something. Ill keep an eye on her.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well now shes up and eating so I'm confused. Maybe she was just tired or something. Ill keep an eye on her.
that’s good, but as you can’t judge she is eating enough hay by watching, keep an eye on her weight every day anyway. As above, any significant sudden drop or continual downward trend, then step in with the syringe feeding and see a vet