Is my piggy scared of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When i sit and stroke my piggy he flattens his body and head to the ground, squeaks quietly and most of the time he vibrates(without sound). Is this because he is scared of me? :(

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds like what one of my boys does whenever I cuddle him. I've had him for almost 2 years now and he still just does not like cuddle time and is pretty afraid of me in general.

Try to find out what he likes and only stroke him that way. It tamed my boy as best as he could be tamed.
I got some great advise here about it once, I was told to try and wrap him in a blanket or something when cuddling him. It makes cuddles less stressful and frightening for the piggy and it really did work.

Some pigs just don't like being cuddled, I guess.
Favorite veggies at cuddle time help, too!

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had my piggies for over a year now and they are still scared of me so I usually wrap them in a towel on my lap with some veg, Hoggle goes crazy for it but Ludo is terrible, he just hates me! :0 :(|) He is getting better though.

I guess the more you do it, the more you gain their trust. Lap time = veg. They will soon latch on. ;)

Reaction score
Does he look like he is spreading out and trying to pancake? One of my boys does this, but with him it means that he is relaxing, as it is the same position he sleeps in! :)

He wheeks at my mum when she talks to him.

If you piggy freezes when you pick him up and squirms when you go to put him down it is more likely to be fear. But using my own experience I would say he may be relaxing xx>>>

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does he look like he is spreading out and trying to pancake? One of my boys does this, but with him it means that he is relaxing, as it is the same position he sleeps in! :)

He wheeks at my mum when she talks to him.

If you piggy freezes when you pick him up and squirms when you go to put him down it is more likely to be fear. But using my own experience I would say he may be relaxing xx>>>
I would be more inclined to agree judging by my snowball. He flattens out but is relaxed.

Reaction score
It is deffo relaxing and enjoying the petting..both my girls do this and little squeaks and purrs...and even vibrate..i know its relaxing because when i stroke the top of head with a little brush they close eyes and are as flat as a pancake :))

Reaction score
A scared piggie is on all 4's ready to run..not flat out :(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.