• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is My Pigs Sick And/or Should I Take Him To A Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allililly223

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My year old boar,Patches, has been acting normal, squeeking, running, but he hasnt pooped much since i last changed his cage. I do have 1 other boy whos about 1 1/2 and theyve been fighting for dominance lately. They are in separate cages but can see eachother threw the bars. Patches has been sleeping a lot more and not really eating his pellets but he is eating carrots, hay, and other treats and not drinking as much as water as he used to. I have had pigs my whole life but this is the first time theyve gotten sick wail so young. Could them fighting be whats troubling Patches, but theyve known each other their whole lives. What should i do?

You might want to take him to a vet. Even if it's nothing it will give you peace of mind.

Hope he's okay x

Please weigh Patches daily at the same time in the feeding cycle to see whether he is actually losing weight or not. The daily variance between a full/empty tummy/bladder can be 30g. He may be depressed being on his own, but it would be good to see what is going on first before exploring your local options. if he is losing weight or has already lost quite a bit of weight (over 50g), please have him checked by a vet to see whether he has got an underlying problem that has come to the fore from all the stress of the fight and the separation.

As we have members from all over the world, you can help us a lot by adding your country, state or (for the UK) your county, so we can always adapt any advice or recommendations to what is possible/available to you straight away; as you can imagine, our advice can vary quite a lot. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thanks!

Please weigh Patches daily at the same time in the feeding cycle to see whether he is actually losing weight or not. The daily variance between a full/empty tummy/bladder can be 30g. He may be depressed being on his own, but it would be good to see what is going on first before exploring your local options. if he is losing weight or has already lost quite a bit of weight (over 50g), please have him checked by a vet to see whether he has got an underlying problem that has come to the fore from all the stress of the fight and the separation.

As we have members from all over the world, you can help us a lot by adding your country, state or (for the UK) your county, so we can always adapt any advice or recommendations to what is possible/available to you straight away; as you can imagine, our advice can vary quite a lot. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thanks!

Weve been trying to get them to get along but they keep chattering and fluffing up but they talk threw the bars. Patches has been eating but not pooping as much as hes been eating. Weve been giving him food with a lot of water and been making him drink threw an eye dropper. He doesnt look like he has lost or goined any weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back