Is Pine Really A Bad Bedding Option?

Caris'sPiggys23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I mean i've never had any issues with pine but pines a bit dusty and it makes me sneeze sometimes but i recently bought some bedding from another store And the bag was huge my piggy loves it she loves to stick her head in it and pop her head up lol its the cutest thing ever.A plus is that its not so dusty but it still is a little dusty she also loves to watch me spot clean but i've been having issues with her biteing me so i might just seperate her to the mesh window seal so i don't get bit i think she thinks I'm gonna hurt her when really I'm just trying to keep her cage clean.
Sooo...i would like to see your guys and gals opinions and also maybe tell me how your guys day has been

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Some say kiln dried is fine, some say it shouldn’t be used at all. I think it’s best to do your own research on what you are happy with and what your piggies are fine with - for some piggies shavings simply cannot be used at all as even the smallest amount of dust irritates their airways and causes problems.
I personally find that shavings don’t work for me, I have used snowflake softchip in the past (which is not shavings, it’s chips of wood) and that was fine but I can’t get it as easily any more.

Caris'sPiggys23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Some say kiln dried is fine, some say it shouldn’t be used at all. I think it’s best to do your own research on what you are happy with and what your piggies are fine with - for some piggies shavings simply cannot be used at all as even the smallest amount of dust irritates their airways and causes problems.
I personally find that shavings don’t work for me, I have used snowflake softchip in the past (which is not shavings, it’s chips of wood) and that was fine but I can’t get it as easily any more.
I agree.