• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is There Something Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bella who is 1 year 5 months, being a little extra bitchy to anyone who's piggy. I freaked out at sudden weight loss with her the other day, then weighed her about 10-15 minutes later to see a normal reading, I figured it was my scales?

I've just noticed today that she's been squeaking a bit when she poos, but they are pretty normal in size and shape. She's eaten a few of what she's just done on the floor/cushion.

We're currently re-bonding atm which is pretty stressful as it is (more for me I think lol) so I'm not sure what's going on.

Can anyone help?

(Also, when is it safe to leave them to go to sleep etc? It all seems very tense at times).

Just weighed her and she's a normal weight for her which is around 850 grams (855 rn).

Her weight sounds good. Remember when you way to do it the same time each time. Fluctuations of 50g can be down to full/empty bladders. Any sort of weight loss it is a trend you are looking for.

How many piggies are you bonding? She could be in season hence the bitchiness, is she noirmally top pig in the hierarchy?

Squeaking when pooing? Is this happening all the time? Possibly could be sign of UTI may be hard poo's.... I would get it check out at vet if it continues

Yes this was a 100g "weight loss" but then it was normal when I weighed again 10-15 mins later so I'm guessing it's the scales.

2 piggies with 2 piggies, everyone's having a nap atm so I'm glad they're rebonding!

I'm not sure, it's only just started today and I've not heard it every time. I shall definitely keep an eye on her, how long can I observe for before considering a vet visit? I always seem to jump the gun and go to the vets for no reason so I'm trying to calm down a little haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back