Is this big enough for my 3 girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed that someone mentioned buying the ball pit from the ELC and it is an amazing idea! :(|) In past winters my oldest girls didn't get very much exercise because they couldn't go in their run and I hated that they had to stay in their hutch most days. I did bring them in for floor time but my parents didin't like the mess they made! :red So I need a solution to them getting floor time! :)

When I saw this ball pit I was amazed at the price and what a good idea it is. :(|) My parents have even agreed to let me buy one cos they too want my piggies to get exercise especially now there are 3 of them after I got my new baby in July! ;)

So... is it big enough as an indoor run for my 3 girls? ;)

http://www.elc.co.uk/Ball-Pit/122601,default,pd.html

I personally prefer the pink. :))
http://www.elc.co.uk/Pink-Ball-Pit/122602,default,pd.html

Thanks! I am hoping it is! :)

Last edited:

Shauna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
looks more than big enough to me (: it might be good idea to cover the bottom with something to if its not already water proof.. just to protect it from the piggies bladder :))

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
looks more than big enough to me (: it might be good idea to cover the bottom with something to if its not already water proof.. just to protect it from the piggies bladder :))

:)) Thanks. Yeah I would put newpaper, towels and fleece down. Oh and fill it with toys. :)

Reaction score
:)) Thanks. Yeah I would put newpaper, towels and fleece down. Oh and fill it with toys. :)

Hiya, I started a thread a couple of weeks ago seeking ideas for an indoor run. The Ball Pit is what was suggested, just by chance I called into an ELC by me today and managed to get one that was leftover from Summer!

I think this would be fine for 3 girls, it would give them an opportunity to see something else than just the inside of their hutch for the winter months.

I also heard of people using shower curtains and plactic backed picnic blankets to line the bottom of their ball pits.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya, I started a thread a couple of weeks ago seeking ideas for an indoor run. The Ball Pit is what was suggested, just by chance I called into an ELC by me today and managed to get one that was leftover from Summer!

I think this would be fine for 3 girls, it would give them an opportunity to see something else than just the inside of their hutch for the winter months.

I also heard of people using shower curtains and plactic backed picnic blankets to line the bottom of their ball pits.

That's really good. :) Do you have any pics and is it fold-able?

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is the ball pit not long after I got it. I now line it with newspaper and fleece. It's great. You can fold it away easily and it is so light.

IMGP1161.jpg

Last edited:

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. I wonder why someone hasn't created something like this for indoor piggies, something with a waterproof base.

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:)):)):)) Basil and Snowball made me laugh, their so giddy happy popcorning piggies - what fun they were having :))

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's the same material as the sides. You have to make sure there is enough paper under the fleece to stop any pee soaking through to the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.