Is This Cage Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
are these ok for a huinea pig to live in?

Attachments

P

piggyfan

Do you know the measurements? For 2 sows it needs to be a minimum of 120 by 60 cm and for 2 boars it needs to be 140 by 60 cm.

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm having it made and yes it will be large, I was just wondering what to put on the bottom of it as wee would probably damp the wood any advice?
Do you know the measurements? For 2 sows it needs to be a minimum of 120 by 60 cm and for 2 boars it needs to be 140 by 60 cm.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My hutch is lined with lino so it can be easily wiped and stops the wood getting as damp :)

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Links a good idea I think I'll put it up the sides aswell to stop any leaking and I'm goin to use Perspex around the back and sides I'll post a photo as soon as it's done :)
My hutch is lined with lino so it can be easily wiped and stops the wood getting as damp :)

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That looks great. I use a sticky like plastic on mine which has worked so far!

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Why not take out two or three of the floors, turn it on its side, cut a small hole in one floor (big enough fora pig to get through) and put a wooden door on one end to enclose it. And Hey Presto! You've got a great big, roomy hutch!
You could paint the inside with a pet-friendly paint (perhaps white or cream to make it bright) and put lino on the floor, as has been suggested. I assume you were going to make a mesh door anyway, so you could get inside to clean out?

Lucylovepig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Why not take out two or three of the floors, turn it on its side, cut a small hole in one floor (big enough fora pig to get through) and put a wooden door on one end to enclose it. And Hey Presto! You've got a great big, roomy hutch!
You could paint the inside with a pet-friendly paint (perhaps white or cream to make it bright) and put lino on the floor, as has been suggested. I assume you were going to make a mesh door anyway, so you could get inside to clean out?
oh my gosh that sounds amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.