• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is this carrier ok?

LondonLady

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Toffee and Biscuit are booked in with the vet nurse for a nail trim next week and I decided I needed to get a new carrier for them as the cardboard one I've been using is on its last legs. I've bought this Savic Discovery Compact Carrier (see picture)
Do you think it's suitable? Does anybody else use this?

The thing that puzzled me a bit is that when I'd put it together there were 2 clip things that weren't mentioned in the instructions and I've no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. Am I being really stupid? :hmm: IMG_3221.JPG20210911_161206.jpg

It looks okay. I can’t really see the picture but if you can’t see where to put them then 🤷🏾‍♀️

Last edited:
Looks like you open the top to get them in. Similar to my one.

Are they the hinges to keep the lid attached when you open it?

Ooh, do they go in on step 3? I see something very faintly but not clearly…

Thank you for the replies. I'm going to have another look later and see if I can work it out. I'm hopeless at things like this 😟 . The lid seems fairly secure without them but I don't want to risk using it in case it comes apart while I'm carrying it with the piggies inside 😨

Thank you for the replies. I'm going to have another look later and see if I can work it out. I'm hopeless at things like this 😟 . The lid seems fairly secure without them but I don't want to risk using it in case it comes apart while I'm carrying it with the piggies inside 😨
Those clips on the side look pretty secure. Hope you can work it out

Those are really good carriers. I think that the clips go inside the carrier on the opposite side to the outer catches so that when you undo the lid catches on one side, the lid remains attached to the carrier on the other side and hinges open rather than lifting off completely. Definitely needed as if you get any weight in the carrier the carrier needs the hinges to assist in keeping the lid shut when you hold it by the top handle.

Well I must be a complete idiot because I just can't work out how to put this together. I've completely wasted my money. Back to the cardboard carrier for Tuesday. 😖

Well I must be a complete idiot because I just can't work out how to put this together. I've completely wasted my money. Back to the cardboard carrier for Tuesday. 😖
Can you find a video on YouTube? Or contact the company - I bet they can help. You won’t be the only one who’s struggled. I have an older version and had a similar issue when putting it together.

Back