• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Itching and weird scab?

juliab

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Ever since my piggy has been separated from his cage mate, he has been overgrooming. He then stapled doing this about three days ago (we talked to the vet and they believed it was due to the stress of losing his brother) but then he started itching... like a lot. I brought him out today and found this in his fur. Just wondering if any of you have seen anything like this before that way I have some idea what is going on before our vet appointment 7E7665C1-AF85-4F9E-A34E-E4DEFC865C5C.jpeg

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I think you need a vet visit to examine what that is, it could be fungal or an abscess or cyst perhaps. The itching could be lice/mites which sometimes seem to invade when piggies are under stress