• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

It's Below Zero And The Heat Is Broken! My Poor Pig!! ): ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinka

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I just woke up about an hour ago, and noticed right away I was FREEZING. Tuulikki was awake too, moving around a lot. I went downstairs, thinking maybe a housemate turned off the thermostat for some stupid reason, and found out that it's not working, at all. Even better, is below zero outside. I have two heated blankets. One wrapped around me, the other wrapped around Tuulikki's travel cage, which I've put her in for the night. The blanket I gave her isn't getting very warm, but idk what else I can do besides put more fleece in her cage. :/

I guess I'll be staying up all night (it's 2 AM here) until the gas company opens in the morning. I wanna be able to feel how cold it gets in her cage and to make sure there are no issues with the electric blanket on her cage. I'll probably take her out time to time to snuggle against me and give body heat... soooo yeah.

Anyone got some funny or cute cavy pics and stories to keep me entertained? :P

ScreenShot2015-02-20at25452AM.png

Well here is Tuulikki bein cute, hanging out with me while I do homework :love:

Poor you! The last thing you want to happen during the current cold wave!

Can you fill a cardboard box with soft hay which Tuulikki can crawl into for added insulation?

Poor you! The last thing you want to happen during the current cold wave!

Can you fill a cardboard box with soft hay which Tuulikki can crawl into for added insulation?
Well this morning we got the heat fixed so we're back on track! Which is good, because I was planning on going to the shelter to see some available sows I'd like to adopt. I fixed up Tuulikki in her travel cage with all the fleece liners, shavings, and hay. Also wrapped the cage in a heated blanket. She did well but I could tell she got cold cause when I held her she burrowed down in my heated blanket (I have two, lol) and didn't want to move. But she's happy now that it's warm and she's back in her c&c. My number one concern was her, since lil animals suffer so much more in extreme cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back