• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I've done it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blondecat

Well, sort of! I got Scruffy this morning and proceeded to give her a haircut. The top layers were easy enough but the matted clump larger and more matted than I thought. I've trimmed a lot of it away but Scruffy got really frightened and kept running up my chest. She does look neater but I'm going to leave it for a day or so as she seems quite put out by it all. The lump is considerably smaller now tho. I think she must have started with it before I had her - I feel really bad for not dealing with it sooner :'(

I think you've done really well and are very wise not too attempt too much at once. When you have it under control, you'll find it easier to keep on top of the hair cuts as it were! Are you going to give her a bath once you have finished trimming? It's generally a good idea as it will get rid of any loose hairs in the coat :)

Barbara

Awwww good for you! :)

I give Squeak and cut, wash and blow dry every so months. At first she hated me cutting her fur... but if I dont, it tends to get under her little feet and if she gets it tangled that can hurt her. Dont worry, like Squeak, in the end she'll get used to it happening and know whats comming. Squeak doesnt mind me cutting her hair, she just HATES the bath afterwards! hehe I have to bath her tho - cause she looks sooo damn cute wet! ;) ;)

I'm a naughty Mummy! :)

Trace x

Well done :) I think it's a good idea you stopped for today so you don't stress her out too much, hopefully you can finish the job nicely tomorrow! ;)

She keeps sticking her nose up in the air now tho when I call her. She makes me laugh - she couldn't resist the piece of carrot I offered her tho!

Well Done! It can be quite scary for them until they get used to it. Now you have done it, like Barbara has said, you will find it easier to keep on top of.

Mine sulk all the time when they have a haircut - always forgive me come tea time though ::)

Rest of the matted clump is OUT! Scruufy still friendly with me now she's got over it. Escpecially since she's got a new BOYfriend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back