• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I've heard it all now

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

I was talking to someone last night who used to own a pet shop. He said that he would leave the store at night with 5 guinea pigs in a cage and in the morning there would only be 4 where the others had eaten one "because, of course, they're carniverous" he said :o :o :o :o :o I just stood there in total shock and said "no they're not" but you could tell that he didn't believe me.

Well now, with people that clever owning pet shops there's absolutely no need to worry ? (voice dripping with sarcasm)

You have got to be joking, what is he a complete moron unbelievable eh ?

How do these people get licences or whatever to run pet shops, if i could get my hands on him grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I make no secret that I absoloutley despise pet shops*, so not surprisingly little surprises me when it comes to the goings on in them :-\

This guy was obviously telling "porky pies" or rats were getting in and killing them, cages must have been pretty rubbish to allow this though... >:(

Barbara

*Yes, I know some people think pet stores are okay and while that is your opinion and I respect that, this is mine. Don't want to Debbies post into one debating pet shops :)

I dont know whether this is true or not but i'm sure my mum told me when i was little that if a guinea pig thought her babies were in danger or they were born malformed or something then she would eat it...
thinking about it now it sounds rediculous but why on earth would my mum have told me that?!
:o

PiggiePal said:
I dont know whether this is true or not but i'm sure my mum told me when i was little that if a guinea pig thought her babies were in danger or they were born malformed or something then she would eat it...
thinking about it now it sounds rediculous but why on earth would my mum have told me that?!

I think it is true of some small species, so that is likely what your mum is thinking of :)

I had to laugh at the utter stupidity of this... oh dear! >:( how many teeth marks do you have on your tongue Deb! ;D

PiggiePal said:

Rabbits sometimes do this, especially young inexperienced first timers. I don't know if pigs do.

thought it was april 1st for a minute what a load of tosh, rabbits yes if they are a first time mum and if inexperince or babies not going to survive yes I have heard do that, but definalty not pigs, mums who had dead or dying babies just leave them they do not eat them, in all my years this has never happened to me and I have never heard of it happeing apart from today think the pet shop owner is an idiot if he really thought that was true, maybe a pet shop to avoid if such an idiot is running it, poor piggys, and I am not anti pet shops, maybe as already suggested a rat got in or pig got out, I'm sitting here tutting away to myself, >:(

bev said:
What a muppet 98)

;D ;D ;D couldn't have put it better myself ;D ;D

I just stood there in total shock. I didn't have time to explain cos my dance class was about to start. The worst thing was that he thought it was an amusing anecdote about guinea pigs 98) :o
Thankfulyl he doesn't have the pet shop anymore. From what he was saying, it sounded like it was quite a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back