I've Swapped The Vets For The Doctors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara412

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well bonding isn't going well - I thought I would try again today with Rio and Rascal (both just lost there cage mates) lots of grumbling but nothing aggressive. So I decided they could have a little time on my lap hoping that a bit of closeness and comfort might get them more comfortable with each other- 5 mins later alls well and I thought I had cracked it. So just picked Rio up to
put them back in their cages and he launched himself at Rio - my first reaction was to put my hand out and YES you guessed it his teeth found my fingers and held on for quite some time.

When he realised it was me he let go immediately and his little face was contrite and all I could do was comfort him and cuddle him and tell him it was Ok !

Dripping blood I replaced them in the respective cages and thought I better phone doctors re my Tetanus- luckily I did as it had expired (I thought the booster as for life - it is nowadays but
not in my age group ! - they also insisted I had antibiotics and some silver plaster things --Still at least this only cost £8.05 - had he caught Rascal I would have been looking at a much bigger vets bill !

SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR TETANUS -

Needless to say I have decided to go down the route of two babyboars - one each- if anyone one can help please contact me

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your accident and that you had to learn the lesson to NEVER use bare hands when a bonding is not working out the hard way.

I had to renew my tetanus a couple of years ago when I managed to overbalance while weeding and ram a rose thorn fully into a vein. A most unpleasant experience!

The RSPCA Walsall does offer boar to rescue baby boar bonding, provided that they have babies in; they are your closest rescue and sadly the only good one for quite some distance that offers boar dating. Unfortunately, most of the local good rescues have gone down the route of boar neutering, so boar dating at a rescue not easy in the West Midlands. :( On the other hand, we some very good and practiced neutering vets in this region as a consequence if pairing up your two boys with a sow each would be an option to consider for you?

Sara412

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
. On the other hand, we some very good and practiced neutering vets in this region as a consequence if pairing up your two boys with a sow each would be an option to consider for you?[/QUOTE]

I have considered this - but I'm a sucker for boys :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.