• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ivermectin Dosage?

Cinnamon+Mocha

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I found out that Cinnamon has mites, so I purchases Ivermectin paste for horses over Amazon. I'm really not sure how to measure the dosage for her, even after looking in the Guinea Pig Lynx website. How many ml should I dilute it in with water? How would I even get it in her mouth? Cinnamon is the type to get EXTREMELY anxious when picked up (I'm talking whites of eyes showing, racing heart beat and breathing heavily!) She is 1011 grams. @Wiebke you seem to really know your stuff so please help my baby! I don't wanna overdose her!

Exactly what @Piggylove82 says.
Only a vet can correctly diagnose a condition and prescribe the best treatment. I have only ever had piggies treated for mites with spot ons or injections so couldn't even tell you if the paste you have brought is safe to use

Sorry we can’t advise you. Please take the piggy to a vet for diagnosis and then treatment with the correct product at the correct dosage.

Back