• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Ivermection after shampoo / melts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
I need to give Lentil a bath - I still unsure whether he has mange but hes still being treated.

His next treatment day with ivermectin is saturday. I dont have time to bath him before them (what with work) and you have to wait 48 hours after treating before bathing which would mean its monday again (so i wouldnt have time due to work)

Is it alright to bath him first saturday morning and then treating him with ivermectin?

Han

Wiebke

Staff member
If you cannot treat on different days, I would recommend that you ask your vet for some orally given ivermectin. It doesn't taste nice, but you can mix it up with a bit of juice and syringe it. That way, you can also be sure that he gets the full dose of ivermectin.

If you are not sure what you are treating, I would have Lentil seen by a vet, anyway.

Last edited:

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
I took him to the vets and she wasnt sure it was mange so didnt give me anything and it wasnt fungal as she put him under uv rays and saw nothing.

I just thought I could bathe him saturday morning and then give him the ivermection saturday afternoon. if not then i wont bath him until his treatment is done

Status
Not open for further replies.