• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Jasmine slowly losing weight

Good luck for Wednesday. Hopefully it will give you some answers.

It's good news, of sorts! Jasmine had her scan and blood tests today. Her ovarian cysts have come back again and it appears they're likely to be hormonal due to her uterus and cervix thickening, so she's going on a course of hormone injections again. Her blood work came back normal, but her white blood cells were high, so she's going on a course of antibiotics in case of an infection.

The scan also showed that her heart may be thicker on one side than the other and some tiny cysts on her kidneys. The vet isn't a cardiologist so couldn't say too much about her heart, but the cysts could be a sign of early kidney failure which is apparently not uncommon in small animals. Although her blood work showed no signs of it, kidneys really have to be failing at ~75% for it to register.

Hopefully we've caught it all early and any weight loss is being caused by a small infection which will clear up with medicine. I'm more relieved than anything because we have a better idea of what we're dealing with and it can be managed. :)

Fingers crossed beautiful Jasmine will be better soon. And start losing rebuilding that hot bod 😁

Hope Jasmine soon feels better and that the dent to your finances also has a chance to recover.

Hope the meds help lovely Jasmine and she gets rid of those nasty cysts again with the injections. Hope she’s feeling a bit less groggy today and munches well bless her x

Hope Jasmine soon feels better and that the dent to your finances also has a chance to recover.
Haha, unlikely! We're in the middle of renovating our kitchen and she's staying with a boarder (who's very experienced with piggies), so it couldn't have happened at a worse time!

Jasmine has her second hormone injection today, so she had a sleepover last night. I didn't realise how desperately she needed a haircut, much to her disgust! And all before she'd had breakfast! :O

We tried to have a nice cuddle...

20210414_091222.jpg

20210414_091255_exported_833.jpg

... but she wasn't having any of it.

20210414_091248.jpg

So much floof!

The beast has been placated.

20210414_091443_exported_12397.jpg

Jasmine had her injection on Wednesday and apparently that was the final one. The vet I saw wasn't the usual person, and they weren't particularly forthcoming about anything. I had to ask for her to be weighed (which they did in the carrier to get a rough estimate, *sigh*) to then be told that ~850g was fine... So I said not for her!

I then had to ask about a follow-up appointment as well, so I've made sure it's with the regular vet in two weeks' time. Other than that, it was fine and she's been maintaining her weight at least!

Back