• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Joe Has His Operation Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackJack1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My lovely Joe has his operation scheduled tomorrow. He is 5 1/2 and has been found to have a urethral stone, so he faces a very tricky operation tomorrow and I am really scared for him.
The vet has told me that if they cannot flush the stone back into the bladder and retrieve it from there, then they will need to put him to sleep on the operating table. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be very difficult indeed. He is my lovely boy and my heart is breaking to think that tonight may be the last I have with him, if they cannot sort him out.

Can everyone send Joe some healing vibes and keep fingers crossed he will come through. Any support will be much appreciated.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and huge hugs to you, I know how nervous you'll be tomorrow! He can do this, come on little Joe!

JackJack1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm sending you healing vibes AND hugs. My boar Max had a stone removed from his urethra . It's such a worry to go though this. Max is OK now .
Thank you for your message. It really helps to know that someone has gone through a successful operation and come out the other end. I know the vet was trying to be realistic and not giving me any guarantees, but it helps to know this operation can be successful.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Very best wishes and healing vibes to Joe. Hugs to you, it's a very difficult time for you so I won't say don't worry, just remember you are doing the very best for Joe you can, no one can do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.