• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Jumping Guinea Pigs

LillyB

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I noticed late yesterday afternoon that my 2 piggies were running around their cage alot and jumping around, which I am presuming is 'Popcorning'. They both seem really happy and this went on for quite a while - I put it down to stretching their legs and letting off steam. They seemed to be doing complete laps of their cage and running in and out of their hides. My husband put it down to the fact that they were having a funny 5 minutes lol!
I have been in to them this morning with their breakfast and one of them was still jumping around the same as last night and I just wondered if this was normal behaviour? Could it just be that they just recognised my voice and realised food was on its way to them?
They had their first vet check up last week as I noticed one of them was shaking their head, which when I read online it said it could be an ear infection. The vet gave them a thorough examination and gave them a clean bill of health, which was excellent news!
I have had them for 2 weeks now and they are both only 10 weeks old, so still very young. They have settled in well and yesterday they both let me pick them up for the first time which was amazing and seemed to relax once they realised I wasnt a threat to them :luv:

Attachments

• Piggies.jpg
    Piggies.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
Thats brilliant, thank you for sharing the link. After watching the videos, that is exactly their behaviour 👍😁
Its great fun to watch......they seem to do it more when their cage has just been cleaned and they run around seemingly to check we have done it to their standards haha!
One piggie is definiately more quieter and always seems to be barged into by her sister, which causes lots of wheeking and more chasing 🤣

Yep - my pair of two year olds turn into babies again when their shed is cleaned and popcorn and zoom everywhere!

We call it piggie play time! It’s so fun to watch them run around and popcorn they are such funny little creatures!

It was great to watch them yesterday - it was the first time we had seen them running around so much 😁

They really are so funny and its great to see them getting more adventurous and definitely more nosey and hungry!

Back