• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

jumping parrot -- piggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whenever Guinea is out of the hutch and with me he likes to sit on my shoulder like a parrot - he can sit there for ages, while he purrs in my ear..!

Only last night, he decided to keep jumping off! No warning! He just 'flew'!

After managing to get him (he was fine), I went to take him back to the hutch where he again, jumped like a bean straight into the hutch! The cat just watched!

He's never done any of that before so don't understand the change in him..? He's the only 'jumper' that I've had..

Tonic just continues to fall asleep in my arms and not give a damn! LOL

xx Mrs Player xx

awww I'm sure theres nothing spercific causing it lol Zubin does it all the time just because hes a shy boy he leaps so far so i can prove the height thing is true hehe if it becomes more regular youll learn when hes about to jump i feel his back legs springing hehe i have no idea why guinea or any piggie does it though sorry x

I know,, it's just a sudden change that's all.. He doesn't even spring his legs to get ready.. he just goes! ;)

ahh scary lol I'm sure hell calm down maybe its the time of year ? x

lol bless him, beni once fell off the bed, he was walking on the bed but didn't see the edge, thank goodness we have quite a low bed

Love
Claire
x

awww. I know they have no sense of height, but it's really unusual of Guinea to do this.. he just looks at us after as if saying 'yeah, I jumped, whats the big deal?' LOL

my male guinea pigs love to sit on my shoulders or under my chin I know they have no sense of perception and heights so maybe he does'nt realise what he is doing, I have had a couple of jumpers one aptly named floo becasue he literally flew out of my hand when he was a baby, he is probably having fun watching your face lol

most likely! He probably finds it highly amusing that I'm pooing myself! LOL

Same here, all my boys love going on my shoulder and under my hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back