• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clerks6898

Hi i have 2 12 week old girls who for some reason for the past hour have been jumping around the hutch like the base is on fire (is the only way to describe it ) they still seem to be making happy noises but they both seem quite loopy.....is this normal? have checked the hutch in case something was scaring them but its indoors and i cant see anything different.

There are just happy ... and popcorning around. :):)

It is just such fun to watch. One minute they will be normal and the next minute they are up the air and then running around. Next minute they stop, hesitate, and then off again. Usually one will set the other one off, so it can go on for ages until they get tired.

I still have 4 year olds that jump up in the air, although not with the gusto of the young ones. :(|)

my ruby does it,then it sends bethany off, then maggie-may and pheobe follow! four popcorning piggies!

Aw, mine don't do it so much anymore. Although I had stopped buying them Excel Herbage hay as they eat it too quickly and so therefore too expensive but I bought them a bag the other day and they started popcorning all around their cage when I put it in their rack.

Ahhh excellent popcorning sounds like fun at least now i can sit back and enjoy it instead of worrying, thought i had sent them crazy lol Thankyou all

I think the best way of explaining it (as I was explained by SunshineandTwinkle) is that you have a 'happy pig'! Hehe. One of our little sows goes nuts most of the time and sets all the others off. She's just extra happy!

lol aw i love popcorning! its so funny when throw themselves around and knock themselves out (well not literally!)

silly piggies!

That's a good sign!
I love it when one starts, lands on top of another and sets the whole group off! :)p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back