• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just as smart as they need to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DH is always saying that the piggies aren't very bright. I keep telling him that they're as smart as they need to be. They know who gives them their pellets and hay (me). They know who gives them most of their treats (DH). Who gets squeals when he walks into the room? You guessed it, DH.

In the past few days one of our piggies has convinced DH that they are far smarter than he thought. One night, the piggies were on the couch with me and DH was sitting on the floor. He turned around and started giving Ginger a "shiatsu massage." Ginger ate it up, stretching out full length. After that, every time DH would come into the room while the piggies were enjoying couch time, Ginger would run to the side where DH was. The minute DH touched him, Ginger dropped flat on the couch cushion so DH could give him a proper massage.

Tonight, I was watching TV with the piggies and I told DH that Ginger wanted his massage. When DH came into the room, Ginger ran straight to him.

Yep. Just as smart as they need to be. :))

Thanks, Crystal and piglet_and_rogers_mama. :rose

I see that you are both new to the forum. Welcome! I think you'll find a world of information and support here. I look forward to hearing about your piggies and maybe seeing some pics!

That's such a cute story :)

I think they're very smart, in their own way. :) We can't really compare them to other animals or people :))

Mine knew yesterday when I was giving the rabbits hay, they could hear the sound of hay, lol. They know the sound of grass being picked, bags being rustled, etc.

When mine were thirsty one day and I was refilling the water bottles, they were all waiting where their water bottles should be for me to put them back :) They like the fresh water. I thought that was pretty intelligent.

And mine know how to hide in the corner of their big cage where they know it's hard to me to catch them rolleyes

That's such a cute story :)

I think they're very smart, in their own way. :) We can't really compare them to other animals or people :))
Thank you, CiaraPatricia. :rose

I agree. It's unfair to compare them to other animals or people.

Wow.....they are smart .... training your DH to massage them ..... :))

Cool piggys :))

xx
Hehe, CandyFloss... This made me laugh. I have to go tell DH. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back