• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just been GIVEN a piggy at an auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went to the burgess small animal pet show today with my mum and dad and had a good day cuddling rabbits and guineas, buying various treats etc. and getting alot of good advice, then over the speaker a man said the guinea pig auction would be starting in the showing corner so naturally i went along to have a look :))
My mum thought as i only had £8 i wouldnt be able to get a guinea and my dad said i could only bid the money i had. It wasnt nice the way the breeders were examining each guinea as if it was just stock to be used, and i was so desperate to save atleast one of the girls and give it the home it deserved rather than being bred from time and time again! :(
I bid on a few but they were getting sold at around £50 each so i didnt have a chance :( until two gorgeous tiny baby girls came up and noone wanted them so i put in my £8 bid and hoped for the best! A man outbid me and I thought it was over until members of the public watching started offering me money so that I could outbid him! Event the auctioneer offered to pay upto £15 for me! I didnt accept the money as i just couldnt! The breeder won and then he offered to let me have one of the baby girls! :)) :)) :)) :))
My mum was so shocked when i ran upto her to tell her id been given a guinea pig! I've named her Kiara and shes so gorgeous! I'll put pics up once shes settled!

awww that sounds so horrible, i think i would have cried.

Congratulations anway, at least one will have a lovely life.

Looking forward to seeing the pics :)

That is so sad ... thinking about those poor piggies that will get bred over and over again - until probably death! - unless their owner is nice enough to stop before they die!malletheadmallethead

Congratulations to you though. That breeder sounds nice, but I was wondering why everyone wanted you to outbid him?/ Anyways, can't wait to see the pigtures. And it's good that atleast this pig will live a inbreeding-free, comfortable, happy life!

Sophie, I never thought you looked 9, well except when you're so cold you're shivering :)). What colour is Kiara, and who are you thinking of bonding her with? Did they say how old she is?

Sophie, I never thought you looked 9, well except when you're so cold you're shivering :)). What colour is Kiara, and who are you thinking of bonding her with? Did they say how old she is?

Haha thanks! Kiara is about 6 weeks at a guess possibly 5 weeks as she's very small. She's a tort White, black and red and I'm bonding her with naala (lymington piggy from cavy corner) she's been on her own since having her babies as she doesn't like adult piggies! She loves kiara! It's so cute! Xx

That's such a cute story :)

I hope the other pigs went to good homes with good breeders anyway :)

Sounds like they're made for each other - will look forward to pictures in due course.

Well here is Kiara!
photo-6.jpg

and sat on my hand to show how tiny she is
photo-7.jpg

:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back