• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Just been to the Vets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

I was about to clip Freddie's nails when she bit me. She has never done that before even when she had her huge ovarian cyst. so i looked at my hand and realised that both of my hands were covered in blood. It was coming from Freddie. Scary!

I couldnt find the source of it first of all. then found that she had a nail missing on her front foot. tried to stop it with flour but it didnt work so I rush her up the vets. The vet said looks as if she's ripped it out. So she cleaned it and put some stuff on it to stop the bleeding and the vet told me to give her some pain relief (metacom) which i had left over from the previous operation. Hopefully that will calm her and get rid of the pain. It looked really sore. Poor thing. Is there anything i can keep at home to stopt he bleeding incase it happen again? I dont mind paying £15 for the vets but if there is an alternative I would prefer.

iv'e actually read that putting the nail in a bar of ivory soap can stop bleeding. do they have ivory where you live?

Poor darling Freddie.

Sorry, can't help, but I'm sure others will be able to

hmmm, styptic pencils work good and also human cut glue - you know, can't remember what its called.. When we were younger, parents had some skin glue to stop bleeding and close wounds.

Someone told me to use some sterile gauze on it but its never happened so i have no idea if that works hope she feels better soon x

kellyandpiggies said:
hmmm, styptic pencils work good and also human cut glue - you know, can't remember what its called.. When we were younger, parents had some skin glue to stop bleeding and close wounds.
isnt that what they call liquid band-aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back