• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just booked Buddy in for neutering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
....and I'm so scared :( After losing Spud two weeks after the op, I'm absolutley terrified. I know it wasn't the vet's fault, as they are fantastic, but I'm still scared. I waited until Wednesday 29th to book as they are only shut on 3rd January, so if anything happens, I can get straight back down there.
I've just had enough of seeing him so lonely, he cries everytime I get one of the girls out for a cuddle, and he's starting to chew the bars of his hutch.
I'm so scared, but I know that what happened with Spud was rare (he developed a cyst 2 weeks after the operation, they operated again and he couldn't recover from the aneasthetic.) I was so vigilant with cleanliness and checked the wound everyday...I know there was nothing more I could have done, but it still scares me.
What are the chances of something going wrong? I know I'm probably worrying too much, but losing Spud was the owrst thing ever and I couldn't bear going through it again. Have I done the right thing?
Thankyou x

I've just booked one of my boars Logan in for neutering on Tuesday, I know I'll be a bag of nerves all day. We've only had 2 males neutered before this, first one went great, second got an abcess but was ok (died of something unrelated) so hoping this one is ok too.

Hope your op goes ok too

BIG HUG

I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for Buddy and that he'll end up a very happy boar indeed!

Sending a bug hug for Buddy and me and the girls are keeping all fingers and paws crossed for a sucessful op. x

The Pog Nation hopes Buddy will be fine! :) Am sure things will be OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back