1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Gave The Boys Their First Bath.

Discussion in 'Daily Care, Travel and Climate' started by helloitsbecca, Dec 28, 2016.

1. helloitsbecca

helloitsbecca Junior Guinea Pig

I'm pretty sure they might try to kill me in my sleep now.

They were actually not too bad in the bath. They sat quite well. You could just tell that they didn't like it though lol!

I tried to explain that if they hadn't peed on each other they wouldn't have to have a bath but you just can't reason with piggies haha.

Will have to offer some cucumber and coriander as a peace offering.

2. sport_billy

sport_billy Administrator
    Staff Member

Baff time! I hate it, we only baff if really needed it is that stressful lol

Hope they are all clean now!

3. violetgirl

violetgirl Junior Guinea Pig

My pig needs a bath but as I'm a newer pet owner, I have no idea how to go about it. I keep her cage and room very clean and she's not too slobby but shes just a little dirty. Any tips for bathing them?

4. helloitsbecca

helloitsbecca Junior Guinea Pig

I don't think it will be a regular thing lol, they are still giving me the stink eye this morning!

The only advice I can give you is to be confident - the first bath is quite daunting so believing that you can do it definitely helps. I was nervous but i just kept telling myself that it needed to be done and it would be fine. Oh and keep a firm grip - they get a bit slippery especially when all soaped up! I think there is an info thread for bathing piggies on here somewhere. Good luck!

5. Cavy Kung-Fu

Cavy Kung-Fu Teenage Guinea Pig

I've only bathed 2 of my 4 piggies, that was only because they needed special shampooing for hay lice and they're a year old now. They were actually very well behaved, Bella would only face me though. She refused to turn her bum to me for a wash XD

I don't bother bathing them as they don't need it, they wash themselves :) I think it's too stressful for them, maybe if they get dirty use a piggy safe pet wipe to remove said dirt after a brush maybe :)

Tiny likes this.