• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just got a new hugh bottle of trigene questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
in a leaflet that came with it, it states that you can wash bottles and bowls out with it has anyone tried this I tend to
use my dishwasher for bowls and bottle tops and steralising tabs for bottles,
also they now sell a new shampoo called sporal-d that is a ph neutral disenfectant animal shampoo formulation that is a bactericidal fungicidal virucidal and sporicidal, non toxic and very gentle, has anyone used it because the blurb about it looks pretty good. also an odour neutraliser/absorber, look on www.medichem.co.uk for info

The Sporal D Shampoo is really good, and results in really soft shiny coats, really nice for when you're entering your pigs in a show. It also smells lovely. I once bought a massive container of it from the Doncaster show and used it as handwash for myself too. Although strong on 'germs', it is really gentle on the skin. I would recommend it.

great will now order some, just wanted some one else who had used it to tell me it was ok, ;)

Hi Michelle,

Hope you and your piggies are well :)

I personally wouldn't use it - if you look at the MSDS sheet, Sporal-D contains SLS and Triclosan, neither of which I would want to put on my own skin, let alone that of my piggies: http://www.medi-chem.com/FileLib/MSDS_Sporal-D.pdf

SLS is a very harsh detergent which is now found in practially every product that you pick up in the chemist (ask me how I know LOL!). There is some information about it here: http://www.health-report.co.uk/sodium_lauryl_sulphate.html

Triclosan isn't much nicer either: http://www.health-report.co.uk/triclosan.html

The problem with animal shampoos is that they don't usually have a full list of ingredients on the label, so you don't often know what goes into them. The one thing that you can usually assume is that if it is cheap, it is based on SLS.

If you need any more info from someone who is a "sad label reader" just let me know!

Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

hi Chrissie yes my piggys all 33 of them are doing well at the moment, I use your GG lavender shampoo,as you know but was wondering if this other shampoo was good for skin infections etc, I definalty use trigene animal disenfectant and find its brilliant and was tempted by the same company, its not particulalry cheap, have'nt had any skin problems for years (touch wood) was just considering it for my medical box,
just a quick question did you ever make the dog shampoo I tested for you on my 2 dogs max and charlie who unfortunatly died in july :'(, as I found it brought their coat up so soft and shiny, in fact they were both showered a few days before Charlie died and the lady who cremated charlie said he had a wonderful soft shiny coat for a dog of 13, I used the last of it on them and would like to get some more for max, :)

Hi Michelle,

Glad your piggies are all doing well. Sorry to hear about Charlie.

The dog shampoo will be ready in the next couple of wheeks. I've got a new domain name / website and am just in the process of getting the labels printed, so we are nearly there :D It's taken longer that I would have liked, but I've been so busy with GG and there is only one of me to do everything!

Watch this space......Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

thats great will order some along with more lavender for my piggys, can you remind me when its ready please, I have noted on my calender which is right next to me dog shampoo, for anyone else who has dogs I would highly recomend this shampoo its great,my 2 dogs tested it and was very pleased with results,

Chrissie, I just bought some lemon, tea tree and lavender shampoo from you, and also some Posh n Go. I did some of the guineas in it yesterday, it's really nice.

The lemon, tea tree and lavender one I actually bought for one of my dogs, Skye. She's wire haired and it softens her coat beautifully, and seems to help her skin too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back