• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just lino?

Sally Newbie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok, so now that guinea pigs have moved into shed they have a lino floor on their little run (or the "Enrichment area" as I like to call it) connected to their hutch. Now I was planning on getting bath mats on Monday but had to self isolate so that went out of the window. But they both are quite happy pattering about on the lino. Would it be terrible if that's all they had...-no bath mats.....just lino? I haven't found any wees on it yet.

The only issue will be the lack of absorbency. If you’ve got some newspaper, then I’d pop a layer of that down with some hay on top just to make it a bit more comfortable and provide some absorbency for the time being.

(sorry to hear you’re self isolating - hope you are ok)

:agr:
Some newspaper or a couple of bathmats (when you can get out again) wouldn't be a bad idea. It will help prevent the lino turing into a skating rink for your piggies whe one of the invariably does a wee and they both paddle through it!

Oh, I've stopped self isolating now, all ok, family member test negative,thank you for asking! But Monday is my day off work so i'd planned bath mat shopping! Will have to wait til next Monday now!

Back