• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just look at this small cage, would hardly fit a hamster

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
PawHut Small Animal Cage Rabbit Guinea Pig Hutch Pet Play House w/ Ramp Platform

• Overall Dimension:72L x 44W x 47Hcm
States that it is suitable for small rabbit and guinea pig :yikes: I have emailed the seller and complained, but they have not taken my advice onboard. I told him that it was well below the minimum standard size but not interested at all. This product is obliviously some cheap import, there should be some Regulations in place to stop this happening

That’s awful! People will actually see that and think it’s a suitable cage for guinea pigs and rabbits! 😡
Yes and priced at £29.99 it will attract the unknowledgeable pet owner, imagine two guinea pigs in there 😱

Words fail me! 🤨 Hopefully those thinking about it will come here and see the error in that suggestion. Another who is looking for money and not the welfare of the animals that would be housed in it.

I don't know what to say... except aaaaghhh!
And the seller ignored your advice so they aren't just uneducated they're choosing to be! :hb:

I can’t believe that the seller still feels comfortable selling that cage despite being given advice!
Some people really don’t care about anything other than how much money they can get in their pocket. People trust the information given on websites that sell animal cages as they assume that these people know what they are doing and it is really misleading for people that probably don’t understand how small that cage is for even a hamster!

Well Mario and Joseph offered me a 25% refund if I didn’t return the product! They obviously don’t understand English either although their eBay shop is U.K. based, obviously a cheap import from China where welfare standard don’t apply. I really feel that eBay and other such sites need to start vetting products for safety and welfare issues, it makes me feel quite sad to think of some poor animal living it’s life in a shoe box!

What a joke, how disgusting :no:
Maybe 25years ago for a poor hamster before a bit of proper education but these people really shouldn’t be allowed on these sites with rubbish like that. Infuriating 🤬😡

Anything us lot can do @Bill & Ted ? Any messages to people allowing it etc? x

What a joke, how disgusting :no:
Maybe 25years ago for a poor hamster before a bit of proper education but these people really shouldn’t be allowed on these sites with rubbish like that. Infuriating 🤬😡

Anything us lot can do @Bill & Ted ? Any messages to people allowing it etc? x
I might get in touch with eBay about it, but when you look it’s not just them, there are so many crappy small cages on their site and rodent leads etc it’s difficult to know where to start. I did report quite a few sellers selling guinea pigs on there and that does seem to have stopped now but all this imported junk, how do reputable businesses make a living when people are selling bargain basement rubbish like this? 🤨

Back