Just planning for the future....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:))

My OH and I were talking about adding more piggies to our family in the way off future (like one to two years time). Would it be possible to have sows in the same garden area as our boys? Anyone got any experience with this?

When the boys were 3 months old to six months they were housed about 3 ft away from my OH sisters girls and i had no problems behaviour wise...so i was thinking...in the way off future, would rescues allow me to house a group of sows in the same household as my boys? (obv. my boys will be in a seperate shed, i was thinking of buying another heated fully insulated shed for the girls)

Its just that although i love my boys dearly, i love the idea of having a herd and being able to add any rescue sows that catch my eye! :))

Any experiences welcome of housing sows near/next to/ in the same room/area/garden of boars.

Thank you x

flintstones

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Boars and Sows are generally fine, even in the same room together. If they weren't rescues would have alot of single boys. Most rescues keep boars and sows in the same room.

I know people that have them living next door without any problems :)!. x

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Boars and Sows are generally fine, even in the same room together. If they weren't rescues would have alot of single boys. Most rescues keep boars and sows in the same room.

I know people that have them living next door without any problems :)!. x
Ahhh thank you for your reply :) Good stuff i'll keep this in mind and tell my OH when he gets in :))

Status
Not open for further replies.