just sorted out my medical drawers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
spent a small fortune on bits and pieces including some stuff from gorgous guineas to update my stuff, got a hugh tub of critical care and hugh bottle of trigene right I'm ready for anything ( hope none of it gets used though) has anyone put their sheds heating on yet? I think its still quite mild, my friend in Iowa USA has got thick snow poor thing, but i'm worried about too thick hay as farty arties foot is still lame from trapping it in hay last sunday not as bad but not yet back to normal, the gas has gone down though so make sure you have gripe water in your medicines, it works

D

DebbieR

It feels good to have a full medical cabinet doesn't it? Just knowing that you're prepared for every eventuality puts your mind at rest. :)

H

hairdi

No I haven`t put my shed heating on yet, still have had some nice days that I have left the shed door open during the day. Its so up and down here in Bucks, today it is pouring down ! Always feel sorry for my 5 buns when its like this.They have alot of wet weather cover over their runs attached to their hutches, but the rain still gets in !

Reaction score
ahh poor buns, the weather been strangly mild here but today it has'nt stopped raining, I get soaked every time i go to the sheds, I know its winter coming i saw a sure sign on the river Medina the boats were being craned out of the water for the winter, a definate sign, my pigs shed doors have been open most days excpet for today, but even today its mild,
I am relieved I have got my medical drawers ready just hope i wont be needing anything,

Deb

Reaction score
Heating has been on in mine, I tend to think if I am cold...then the piggies are. :). more so in the evening and night time.

Its been so wet here with all the rain, wish it were a bit drier. I think its worse being damp than cold.

Have heard we are in for a cold spell next week with frosts :o , so lots of extra hay for all the furries to snuggle down in.

Deb x

Reaction score
I'm really worried about too much hay now as Farty Artie has made his back leg lame by getting it twisted in the long hay, I'm now shredding my hands by ripping it apart nad F A is now on vet bed witha handful of hay to eat with metcam to ease his leg if in pain, he drags it a little but the paralisis has gone in his back and is now pooing normally he was getting impacted wher i guess it affected his bowels, vet said it is a freak accident,

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It makes you feel much better when you know you're prepared for everything, doesn't it?

I don't have any animals outside in a shed or anything, but I think if it's cold for you it's cold for them, but the weather has been up and down a lot lately (well it has been here atleast). Today it was lovely then it started pouring it down with rain. *sigh* It's typical English weather here :P

Status
Not open for further replies.