• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Kevin sees Uncle Simon today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lovely 8 year old daughter Georgia said if he eats too much carrot he might turn orange, which is a good point. We have just read a story about a boy who ate just peas and he turned green and ended up in outta space with the aliens..... food or thought....:{ :)

Funny you should say that, because I was only thinking earlier that he is looking more orange than lilac! :))

I so enjoy helping these little dental guys. When I lost my special girl Poppet I was devastated, but I learnt so much from her. All the knowledge gained whilst caring for her has been used to help so many others and I feel she lives on in all of them.

What a little monkey he's turning into! He's has definite preferences for different types of syringe food at various times of the day. If I get it wrong, he turns his head away from the syringe and gives me a little nip on the hand. If i persist in trying to give him that one again I get a sharper bite!:)) Ideally he likes me to have three cups of syrnige food. Critical Care, Science Recovery and mushed up nuggets (blackcurrant and oregano). I can then alternate which one he has every few syringe-fulls. He really is a little character!

As he's getting stronger he is dashing around more following Perry. Perry is doing really well and growing into such a handsome little guy.

I meant to ask you if he's still doing his grinding of his jaws when he's picked up still?

Give Kev & Perry huggles from me :)p

xx>>> pleased to read Kevin is still doing well! As always, what is his weight now?!:))

I meant to ask you if he's still doing his grinding of his jaws when he's picked up still?

Give Kev & Perry huggles from me :)p

I noticed a bit of tooth grinding yesterday when he was just resting, but I haven't heard it today at all. I'm hoping that once Simon has filed his teeth a little more on Wednesday that he will make even more progress. He has been eating much more for himself today. In fact I had to wait quite a while to syringe feed him this morning as he was stood munching at the food bowl for ages. He still needs a lot of syringe food to top him up, but he just seems much more active and he's suddenly found his voice too. As soon as he hears me start to grate carrot he shouts at the top of his voice!

Perry has taken to hiding under the fleece. I got back from work this afternoon and looked in horror to see just Kev in the cage and no sign of Perry, but then I noticed a little lump under the fleece moving around! :))

Bless them both :))

I can just imagine Kev - he's all there :))

I hope Perry's not as shy, little scat man he was.
Hopefully Kevin is showing him how to be brave - it must be doing his confidence good living indoors with you around al ot to bring him round?

Perry has become quite confident now. He isn't as confident as Kevin, but then he doesn't get handled as often as Kevin does. He's a little horror at times and loves humping Kev, although Kev doesn't take any crap from him!:))

Kevin has an appointment tonight to see how well he's doing and to get his teeth filed again.

I can definitely hear some grating so his teeth are obviously in need of some attention, however he's really trying hard to eat all sorts of things. This morning he's really been making a good attempt at eating some hay, so hpefully once his teeth are re-done he should make even more progress.

Everything about him is much more 'normal' guinea pig like now. He has found his voice and wheeks so loudly that his ears wag up and down as he does it! :))

I try not to look too far ahead when dealing with dental piggies but I am feeling very positive about his progress so far.

Yes he gets the hay into his mouth and then chews like crazy but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Hopefully once he's had his teeth filed it will do.

He is so cheeky and dashes around the cage lots now. I will do some more vids really soon.

It sounds really encouraging! I hope that uncle Simon can file down the teeth enough that Kev can actually eat it. Go on, Kev!

He can eat the dry food and can nibble at grass too but the hay is a bit too course for him at the moment I think. His teeth are sharp though as I find out when I give him the wrong syringe food. He has preferences at different times and if I get it wrong I get a sharp nip! He really is a right little character.

It made me smile when you said his ears wag up and down when he wheeeks - it sounds like what a baby elephant does. :))

Seriously though, he's doing remarkably well - I'll look forward to hearing what Simon had to say.

Simon was very pleased to see how well Kevin is doing. He had his teeth filed again and he also had a Panomec injection as he's a bit itchy. He still has some ulceration in his mouth, but everything is looking improved on last time. Everyone at the vets commented on how much bigger he looks already. All in all a very positive visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back