Kumar & Leah- update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubble

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m very excited to be writing this post, I’ve wanted to write it for a few days but have been holding off just in case! (Warning, this is a long post!)

First of all I’ll introduce myself (I’ve done so on one of the ‘introductions’ threads but it won’t hurt to show you some pics of my piggies here as well!) I’ve been reading the forum for a couple of months, but now it’s time for me to start posting!

I'm Ellie and I live in Birmingham with my fiance. We have two 5 month old sows:

Popcorn

piggies001a.jpg

and Pumpkin

piggies0122a.jpg

They are much-loved little piggies (as I know all piggies are whose owners are members of this forum) who live in a 5x3 c&c cage in our living room. I have had 9 other piggies at various times before these two.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that our piggies have a very loving home, because we are adding two very special piggies to our family this weekend and I think some members of the forum will take a special interest in knowing they’re going to be looked after……….

The exciting news it that we’re going to be adopting Kumar and Leah, who many will remember from here:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56882&highlight=kumar

Judging by all the comments on the post, they are very popular piggies, and Kumar was of course voted (by the lady pigs on this forum) as Walsall RSPCA's most attractive boar, so my girls are very lucky! I hope he will enjoy having a couple of extra wives (and not feel totally hen-pecked as my fiance keeps saying! )

Kumar and Leah were rescued separately, and bonded in foster care to be rehomed together, but just a few weeks after being rehomed, they were brought back to the RSPCA again. When I spoke to their foster carer this evening she also said they had been separated while they were with the woman who adopted them, so she had to bond them all over again when she got them back. They have been through a lot and their foster carer has obviously done so much for them, I just hope they are finally going to be settled and happy here with us. We’re picking them up on Sunday and I’m so excited!

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oooh congratulations! you stole my beautiful Kumar! (sadly I live in the South East so he's too far for me!)
Good luck settling them in, hope they're happy with you xx

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw Popcorn and Pumpkin are lovely! So pleased to hear Kumar and Leah have a lovely new home. You're going to have the best looking group of piggies!

Bubble

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oooh congratulations! you stole my beautiful Kumar! (sadly I live in the South East so he's too far for me!)
Good luck settling them in, hope they're happy with you xx

Thank you! I'm sure you won't be the only one to say that, I think he has a few fans!

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Popcorn and Pumpkin are gorgeous. x) As are Leah and Kumar. drool You are very lucky piggy slaves indeed.

Sounds like you have a fantastic set up and great that you can offer these lovely rescue piggies a forever home. Looking forward to hearing about and seeing lots of piccies about your new fab foursome (is that a subtle enough hint rolleyes:(|)).

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Your girls are gorgeous! And, what lucky girls to be getting such a gorgeous boarfriend, Kumar will be in heaven with these beautiful ladies!

Bubble

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Popcorn and Pumpkin are gorgeous. x) As are Leah and Kumar. drool You are very lucky piggy slaves indeed.

Sounds like you have a fantastic set up and great that you can offer these lovely rescue piggies a forever home. Looking forward to hearing about and seeing lots of piccies about your new fab foursome (is that a subtle enough hint rolleyes:(|)).

Thank you, we think we are too!

Yep, I get the hint! I love seeing piccies of people's pigs as much as everyone on here, and I'll make sure you get to see how they're doing :)

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dear Kumar,

How lucky are you?! Three gorgeous girls to live with!

Having three ladies is pretty cool, you always have someone to cuddle up to at night, just make sure your girls don't steal all the parsley like mine try too ;)

Love Boris x

(<- that's me by the way, my mom loves abby's like us and thinks we're especially handsome!)

Rosierum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beautiful pics and absolutely gorgeous girls. I look forward to seeing more of your little group x)

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What beautiful piggies, they are lucky to have such a caring and loving owner!

Bubble

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dear Kumar,

How lucky are you?! Three gorgeous girls to live with!

Having three ladies is pretty cool, you always have someone to cuddle up to at night, just make sure your girls don't steal all the parsley like mine try too ;)

Love Boris x

(<- that's me by the way, my mom loves abby's like us and thinks we're especially handsome!)

Hi Boris, Kumar here- thanks for the message!

xmaspigs046.jpg

I've moved in to my new home now and am side by side in a partitioned c&c at the moment, with Popcorn and Pumpkin next door. We've been having a few kisses through the grids and they are both lovely. I can't wait to move in with them when we've got to know eachother a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.