• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ladies, I need your help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piggies only need to have Ivermectin on day one and ten, three is a bitover the top. I don't know if you saw Mr Melt but he was bald on the back end and only had one course :) Worming is something I do if they're losing weight too, there's also a herbal wormer out that is not packed as full of chemicals as Bimectin, but the spectrum of parasites it covers is different.

LOL @ you not being a young lad at 27 ;D Young enough I'd say 88)

karenrgpr said:
Piggies only need to have Ivermectin on day one and ten, three is a bitover the top. I don't know if you saw Mr Melt but he was bald on the back end and only had one course :) Worming is something I do if they're losing weight too, there's also a herbal wormer out that is not packed as full of chemicals as Bimectin, but the spectrum of parasites it covers is different.

LOL @ you not being a young lad at 27 ;D Young enough I'd say 88)

Firstly Karen, thanks for the age compliment LOL 30 is looming up fast. Really should stop reading Spider-man comics and playing video games :)

I brought Shiraz in the morning for some extra love and attention and found some scabs on her skin whilst running my hand through her coat. Is this a sympton of Worms/Mites? I really didnt ask enough questions when at the Vets as I was so shellshocked and all that kept running through my mind was that I might be leaving without her (total drama queen i know 98) )

I think I will take her back next week, maybe thurs or fri and try to keep it together more to ask more questions.

My local pet store where I get my supplies from said that mites arent that easy to find.

Sorry to keep asking you guys questions but i have no experience with poorly piggies!

Hey if you don't ask you don't know so don't worry about asking. When Cuzzy had mites he had 3 injections. His area near his back end where the mites were did look scabby. I know what you mean about vets, I always forget to ask questions, I just want to get in and out, I always fear the worst with hospitals and vets.

Hope Shiraz is ok!

Louise (who is 30 in February and still loves the Beano and computer games!)
:D

Yep scabs are i sign of mites as louise said, mine had 3 doses of ivermec too when they mites. It shoudnt cost £19 each visit thats a bit expensive! Mine was something like £17 for the initial visit which was the consultation and two ivermec doses, then somethig like £8 the other two times because there was no consultation fee :) x

I would treat her for Mites and fungal. Ivomec on day one and ten (I give it orally) and a GG CocoNeem Melt 48 hours after. What bedding is she actually on :)

Hi,

I use Exeno 450 for mites - the active ingredient is Ivermectin, and is it simply applied from a tube to the back of the neck (but do NOT come into skin contact with it yourself) this avoids the need for an injection and it can be administered at home (it is prescribed by the vet). Hope this is helpful.

just to let you lot know, Shiraz is fine again, nice soft coat again on her belly :smitten:

Thank you all for your help and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back