• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ladypigs for Pabu & Zuko (Bonding)

Cosmic_Shadow

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A couple days ago, I added two females to the piggie family after a falling out of my two (neutered) boars they had been alone for a few months, I located females of a similar age and maintenance for myself too, I didn't want anything with excessive hair simply because I don't have the time to manage that on top of my tending to my feathered flock, house, other commitments and so on.

I adopted two little ladies, between 6-4 months old. The boys are currently 10 months old (Zuko) and 9 months (Pabu) originally I had chosen the smaller of the two girls (the chocolate and tan) to go in with Zuko, the bigger of the two boys, he's less dominant and I didn't want her to be bullied by the dominant Pabu...immediately she was chattering her teeth and striking at Zuko, I perceived for 4 hours having to occasionally swing a towel between them to defuse the assaults made by the little chocolate female. She was ripping chunks of Zu's hair out. Eventually he defended himself and made her lips bleed. Nothing too major but then I decided it wasn't working, so swapped for the agouti female...whole other story, no teeth chattering, no posturing or huffing. I could hear myself think!

Cut to today, they've both been pop corning and sleeping nearby each other. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

This meant Pabu and the chocolate female, Pabu being him did a lot of chasing and mounting he still is. Little girl hasn't chattered once, she's struck at him...but he's in her business. A lot, but no escalation to aggression is a plus. My hope is that he does eventually give up on the mounting however he is a pest. I feel on the rocks with this pairing, but we shall see. It's early days for them all.

I'm not versed in the colors and types but would you be able to help me out if I got them wrong? Or more accurately help me out.
Also the chocolate girl isn't a satin is she?

186581562_846986219230051_1976883448754983193_n.jpg188008760_4410905942266864_2420827158709223416_n.jpg

186902137_490399645440170_3220644122969234343_n.jpg187077719_154592706623481_4636500828270532073_n.jpg

Have you read the bonding guide, you need to do it in a neutral space and never introduce a piggie in another’s piggies cage, that’s big no, no But good luck I hope you end up with two happy little couples x Please read through this guide, it’s very useful
Behaviour, Bonding & Bereavement Guides

Have you read the bonding guide, you need to do it in a neutral space and never introduce a piggie in another’s piggies cage, that’s big no, no But good luck I hope you end up with two happy little couples x Please read through this guide, it’s very useful
Behaviour, Bonding & Bereavement Guides
No worries there, I did just that, now they have been placed in the cages, with little items added recently. They have two bowls, hay piles, water bottles hides all that stuff too and everything was washed to be neutral of scents too.

The behaviour is very normal for cross gender bonding. Please be aware that the full bonding process won't be over until about 2 weeks post intro and until both sows have had their season; it is usually a very strong one as all the excess of emotion tends to cement the bond with a husboar.

Our bonding guide details the post-intro dominance phase and this guide help you prepare for the seasonal drama: When Sows Experience A Strong Season (videos)

The behaviour is very normal for cross gender bonding. Please be aware that the full bonding process won't be over until about 2 weeks post intro and until both sows have had their season; it is usually a very strong one as all the excess of emotion tends to cement the bond with a husboar.

Our bonding guide details the post-intro dominance phase and this guide help you prepare for the seasonal drama: When Sows Experience A Strong Season (videos)
Ah 2 weeks, at least that's a nice guide period to have around the mind space, try not to feel hopeless, we were all very overwhelmed to begin with. I nearly questioned if I did the right thing or not. Even though of course the right thing would be to have them in pairs. Reading the provided link where it spoke about your black boar 'submitting' from the pee spray...Pabu is very nasty covered in pee...I hope he learns very soon what that means...he is crusty around his neck/chest area because he hasn't quite read the room.

Ah 2 weeks, at least that's a nice guide period to have around the mind space, try not to feel hopeless, we were all very overwhelmed to begin with. I nearly questioned if I did the right thing or not. Even though of course the right thing would be to have them in pairs. Reading the provided link where it spoke about your black boar 'submitting' from the pee spray...Pabu is very nasty covered in pee...I hope he learns very soon what that means...he is crusty around his neck/chest area because he hasn't quite read the room.

He'll learn!

Sounds like Pablo will need to wise up a bit, if he doesn’t want to end up with pee dripping off his whiskers regularly. Boars!

Back