Lap time

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How often do you get your piggies out for a cuddle ?. Since frankie and grace came home it has been every night.

Still struggling after this tooth extraction so no cuddles tonight but feel a little guilty

Black piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Aw, is your mouth still sore? That seems to have gone on a few days. Hope it gets better soon. I do a mixture of sofa time, floor time and sitting by the cage chatting to them and patting them. They don't get lap time every night 😊

weepweeps

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I cuddle them every day. If it’s raining or cold I play with them in the bathroom. But if it’s nice they go in their garden run and I cuddle them quickly first.

Don’t feel guilty. It sounds like you need to have a bit of a rest. As long as they get their veggies they will forgive you. 😍

I had a tooth out a few years ago and it was the worse experience ever. I hope I never have to have another one out. Take care.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hope your mouth feels better soon! Not all piggies enjoy cuddles, if yours do you are very lucky they are so relaxed!
Company of their own species is most important to them, and if they will come to your hand for a snack and and ear stroke or chin rub while they are in their cage, that is just as good as laptime cuddles :)

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw, is your mouth still sore? That seems to have gone on a few days. Hope it gets better soon. I do a mixture of sofa time, floor time and sitting by the cage chatting to them and patting them. They don't get lap time every night 😊
It is driving me mad! It doesn't hurt as such but feels tight and has this horrible itchy feeling. Everyone says that is a good sign!

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hope your mouth feels better soon! Not all piggies enjoy cuddles, if yours do you are very lucky they are so relaxed!
Company of their own species is most important to them, and if they will come to your hand for a snack and and ear stroke or chin rub while they are in their cage, that is just as good as laptime cuddles :)
They are very chilled in a cosie on my lap . This was Grace last night 🥰

Attachments

• 20210913_192429.jpg
    20210913_192429.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 8

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
How are you feeling now?

None of mine like lap time.
I only get a cuddle when they’re out for the weigh and check.
Phoebe definitely does not do lap time.
Micah chunters the whole time and Priscilla just wees on me!

They are all happy with being stroked in the cage.
You are very lucky that Frankie and Grace enjoy lap time

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How are you feeling now?

None of mine like lap time.
I only get a cuddle when they’re out for the weigh and check.
Phoebe definitely does not do lap time.
Micah chunters the whole time and Priscilla just wees on me!

They are all happy with being stroked in the cage.
You are very lucky that Frankie and Grace enjoy lap time
Had pain quite a lot today but eased this evening. Hopefully over the worse now I hope!

One piggie definitely prefers cuddles than the other. Would I cause problems if I just take one out for a snuggle

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Had pain quite a lot today but eased this evening. Hopefully over the worse now I hope!

One piggie definitely prefers cuddles than the other. Would I cause problems if I just take one out for a snuggle
Glad the pain is easing for you.
I don’t think it should be an issue just taking one piggy out for a cuddle.
The only time I’ve done that is when one is on medication or syringe feeding which isn’t quite the same.