• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Late Night Snack Vs. Gus's Guilt Trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus&Charlie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, while this isn't necessarily a textbook guinea pig food post, it IS about food and MY guinea pig, GUS, who apparently is part Italian as you'll see from this story.

Last night, I awoke at 3 am, ravenous due to being sick (MS) all day & having not eaten much... I made my way to the fridge, found a cold slice of pizza, returned to my room & happily enjoyed it in peace as my girl and my Gus slept.
Or so I thought...
My boy can deal a guilt trip the likes of which the Godfather can make an offer not to be refused.
Upon crunching another delicious bite of pizza, I look down only to realize that no, Gus ISN'T sleeping, but wide awake and STARING me down with this look of: "oh really?! That's how you're gonna be? Only you get a snack? I don't see any celery up there woman...!?"
I laughed, trying not to choke or wake my daughter up (she insisted on sleeping with me because of how sick I was all day, she said she didn't want me to be alone...)
So, like the godfather, I obviously cannot refuse Gus a late night snack especially after that hard core stare down I just got! So I head back to the kitchen to retrieve some yummy celery, return to see him still holding his ground & that stare, and I gently, LOVINGLY, kneel down to give my boy his snack too.

All's well in Boston...

(For now!)

P

piggyfan

Lol this made me laugh! I just pictured Gus looking up at you with his adorable face. No wonder you felt guilty! I am sorry you are poorly right now. Ruby is so sweet to want to be with you while you feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.