Leader of the pack? SOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

StromasDragon

Reaction score
For those of you that have herds of sows. I am wondering because I think Amile is the leader all the other guinea groom her and she get 1st food she is also the one that does most of the humping. What do you all think?
Just a few questions so see if you got a leader.
Does it seem that one is the boss?
If so What behaviour do they display to make you think that?
How do other pig act to wards them?

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Rattie is definitely the leader of the 6 girls together.. She is the first at the food bowl, grabs what she wants then runs away! Everyone knows that Rattie is number 1 foliowled by Peanuts

None of the 6 girls together do any humping. Rattie nudges them if they are bugging her!

Icey and tiny (mother and daughter).. well the daughter is kind of the boss! If by chance Icey gets in the food bowl first or takes it from your hand, she will give it to Tiny to save any nit-picking.. Icey will give Tiny a nip if she bugs her, and Tiny will squeak loudly and show Icey her teeth if she bugs her! Tiny rumbles a lot but they don't go as far as mounting.

They're all funny..Everyone has their own character

xx Kelly xx

michellemuffin

Reaction score
it used to be my old lady squeak she got the honour of being boss pig through age I think, but when she died cuddles took over now thinking about it she is now my eldest girl pig, wonder if they know their ages lol but out of 17 girls how did she know to be boss pig ?
she is the first standing on two feet making the most noise for her food and is always first for fresh veggies and if one is off colour its always cuddles cuddling in with them, she draws my attention to them thats how I knew Lavender was ill a few weeks ago,

G

gothchick1515

Maybe its like other animals many animal groups have leaders i know htere not related but look at lionesses who knows hehe ive never had a sow x

Status
Not open for further replies.