• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know there is some controversy about lettuce. Mine have a bit of little gem lettuce most days - I have only just started doing this the last week or so. Does that sound OK?

yes thats fine. Mine has had littles gem and romaine ones too. The ones to not give is iceberg lettuce

As Michele says lettuce is fine, the iceberg one isn't. Mine have it when I've got it in.

You can feed a range of lettuces except ICEBERG lettuce. Mine quite enjoy romaine lettuce.

no its a diretic (that how you spell it?).. it makes them go downhill fast - its a hard one to help piggies cos they lose so much water that its difficult to replace

Yes it is Verity.

Also, Iceberg has no nutrinal value as it is basically "crunchy" water.

Mine love the posh expensive foreign ones with the strange names like raddichio. ;D

Yay cool, Harry will be glad that he doesnt have to have it taken away :D x

Mine had some Lambs Lettuce today as it was on special offer, they do enjoy it! ;D

Mine had some of that the other day from the market, nice bunches of it too! I had never seen bunches of it before than! ;D

Darren and I have been fighting about the lettuce thing for weeks now! I knew you couldn't give them lettuce but didn't know it was just iceberg they couldn't have so will have to bow down to Darren's superior knowledge and let Eric try some of the tasty stuff!

Cheers All!
Lu x

LOL Some people stay clear of all lettuce too, it's whatever you want to give them really. Mine only have lettuce when I have it in, which is once in a blue moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back